Dryer Vent Warning Signs
Although cleaning your dryer vent probably isn’t at the top of your to-do list this summer, it’s actually pretty important. A dirty dryer vent could put you in danger if it’s ignored for too long!
Now, you’re probably wondering what in the world your dryer vent has to do with your safety. Well, that’s what A1 Sparkles is here to explain!
A1 Sparkles is an award-winning natural cleaning and restoration company in Montgomery County. Our goal is to wow every customer with our quality services, so they’ll always want to refer us to their friends and family.
In 2010, clothes dryers were the cause of over 15,000 house fires in the United States. Lint and debris buildup restricts airflow, which backs up exhaust gasses and can lead to a spark. The good news is this can be avoided. So here are five warning signs your dryer vent is in need of some maintenance:
- Drying time for clothes is taking too long – When the vent is clogged up with dust and debris, drying your clothes can take twice, if not three times as long as normal!
- Clothing and dryer are very hot – This is a sign that your vent is not exhausting properly, so the clothes are retaining too much heat.
- It’s been over a year since your last inspection – To avoid buildup in your dryer vent and the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, you should have your dryer vent inspected once a year. Schedule an appointment with A1 Sparkles now if you’re behind!
- Vent hood flap doesn’t open properly – A telltale sign of a dirty dryer vent is if you can actually see lint and debris around the outside vent opening or dryer hose. Or perhaps the duct hood flap doesn’t open like it’s supposed to when the dryer is running. This would be due to airflow that is being restricted.
- You notice a burning smell – Lint can build up in the exhaust tube, and guess what – it’s very flammable. If you smell something burning while the clothes are drying, stop using your dryer immediately and have it inspected.
Contact A1 Sparkles Today For A Dryer Vent Cleaning!
If your dryer vent hasn’t been lint- and dust-free for over a year, call A1 Sparkles for a dryer vent cleaning or inspection today! We’ll give you peace of mind knowing your dryer is in good condition and is safe for the whole family to use. A1 sparkles proudly serves the Montgomery County, PA area, including the towns of King of Prussia, Norristown, Collegeville, Wayne and much more. So contact us today by calling 610-292-9069 to schedule an appointment and see why people are choosing A1 Sparkles!