1. Keep windows, doors, and garage doors closed.
2. If you like to keep your windows open, buy allergen protective screens (go to www.nationalallergysupply.com).
3. Buy high end filters for your home that minimize dust.
4. Take off your shoes before coming into your home and leave them by the door.
5. Don’t let guests wear their shoes in your home.
6. Purchase a micro fiber cloth for dusting; it cleans without chemicals.
7. Make sure to buy quality cleaning tools that save you time and money.
8. Have all your supplies on or near you to save time. (Wearing your tools can cut your cleaning time in half.)
9. Clean out your dryer vent every year.
10. Buy a HEPA or high efficiency filtered vacuum to capture allergens.
11. Use a vacuum cleaner attachment to clean electronics and furniture.
12. Start at the top with your HIGH DUSTING.
13. Work your way around the room MID DUSTING.
14. Lastly, you can begin your LOW DUSTING.
15. Dust light fixtures, ceiling vents, floor vents, and doors.
16. Vacuum at least weekly and use multiple passes.
17. Vacuum all hard and carpeted floors with a hi-filtration vacuum.
18. Have your air ducts cleaned at least every 2 to 3 years.
19. Clean you carpets at least 1 to 2 times per year.
20. Have your HVAC system serviced regularly including air duct cleaning.